Bradi Bear Blog
What You Should Know About Arkansas Leash Laws
February has arrived! I, Bradi Bear, celebrator of all holidays, would like to bring awareness to one of the more “overlooked” days of this month. Now, we ALL know what happens on February 14. Cupid, with his heart bow and arrow, makes people fall in love and eat lots of chocolate! (I’ve never had the stuff, but apparently it’s pretty doggone good…personally, I prefer bacon treats.)
I think it is safe to say Valentine’s Day (or Galentine’s Day) is nearly impossible to forget. But I’m here to talk about February 17: National Random Act of Kindness Day.
Think about it; doesn’t it just make your day when someone does something nice for you for no apparent reason? Whether it’s having someone hold the door open for you when your hands are full, receiving a compliment on that new collar and leash you just bought, or finding a note from a friend wishing you a great day, small acts like these can have a big impact on people. They could even be inspired to pay it forward, doing something kind for someone else.
The great thing about Random Act of Kindness Day is that you can celebrate it in the most ordinary ways, during your everyday routine. What is an area you see where we could all use an extra dose of kindness? For me, it’s driving. Ever heard of road rage?
In preparation for this fun holiday, I’ve compiled a list of things I plan to do, and I’ve thrown in a few ideas for you, too!
1. On your morning puppuccino (or, maybe, cappuccino) run, pay for the order of the car behind you.
2. When you arrive at a four-way stop at the same time as another car, let them go first.
3. Hold the door open for someone.
4. Send a letter in the mail, just to say hi.
5. Call someone instead of simply texting them.
6. Share your last treat with a pup at the park.
7. Let someone else pick the TV show – but are you really watching anything other than the Olympics?!
8. Restrain yourself from honking when someone doesn’t immediately start driving after the stoplight turns green.
9. Call your grandparents.
10. Let the small dog win your daily game of chase at the park (just this once).
Do you have any more ideas to add to my list? Can’t wait to see how special February 17th is for all of us!