Arkansas Car Accident Reports

Arkansas Car Accident Reports

How to Obtain an Accident Report for a Car Wreck in Arkansas

Can I get my police report online?
Crash reports can be obtained online, via mail, or in-person.

If you were involved in a car wreck, truck, or motorcycle accident, it’s important to get a copy of the police report for the incident. In Arkansas, there are several ways to request a report. Keep in mind you’ll need to pay $10 per copy to obtain a crash report in Arkansas. You can request your car accident report online, by mail, or in-person:


Can I get my police report online? Yes – obtaining it online may be the most convenient method to access your accident report. 

The Arkansas State Police maintains an online database of all crash reports in Arkansas. To request a copy of your police report, simply visit and use their Crash Report Online Purchase System.

By Mail

You can also request an accident report by mail. If you prefer this method, you can send your request to the following address: 

Arkansas State Police
Attn: Crash Records Section
One State Police Plaza Drive
Little Rock, AR 72209 


A third option is to obtain your accident report in person. To do so, you’ll need to visit the Arkansas State Police Department or the local police department in the city where the accident occurred. 

Keep in mind that you’ll need to complete a request form at the department and pay the $10 fee.

What Information Do I Need to Obtain an Accident Report?

No matter which method you choose, some basic information about the wreck will help you access the report more quickly: 

  1. The name of at least one driver involved in the accident
  2. The date the accident occurred 
  3. The accident report number OR the driver’s license for one of the drivers

Who Can Request a Car Crash Report in Arkansas? 

According to Arkansas law (27-53-202) all motor vehicle accident reports made by the Division of Arkansas State Police must be open to public inspection. This means that any person can file a request, pay the $10 fee, and access a copy of a car wreck report.

There is one significant exception to this law. If a minor (under the age of 18) was present in either car, the crash report must redact (blackout) the name and address of that person. In that case, the non-redacted version of the report may only be given to the parent/legal guardian or the insurance company’s representative. 

What Type of Information is Included in an Auto Accident Report?

The degree of detail included in the report may vary depending on the officer who wrote it. However, you can expect it to follow this general outline: 

  • Date, time, and location
  • Names and contact information for the drivers involved, as well as witnesses
  • Statements from both drivers and witnesses
  • Description of damage to the vehicles, including pictures taken at the scene
  • Description of any injuries suffered by any person involved
  • Narrative from the officer on how the crash occurred, who he/she believes is the at-fault driver, and whether citations were issued
  • Diagram depicting the accident scene

What if My Accident Report is Wrong?

You’ve obtained your report but the information in the report is wrong. Having information in an auto accident report changed can be difficult, but it is possible: What To Do If My Accident Report is Incorrect

What If I’ve Been in an Accident and Have Questions

A car accident is a traumatic event. Unfortunately, the stress of dealing with insurance and the logistics following a wreck can make things worse. If you’ve been in an accident and have questions, you can visit our Frequently Asked Questions page or call us at (870) 246-0505 or toll-free at 1(800) CAR-WRECK.

To learn more about what to do (and not do) after a collision: What To Do After a Car Accident

A lawyer can help you get the information you need to make important decisions.

Injured in an Auto Accident?

A car wreck can turn your world upside down. On top of dealing with physical pain and medical treatment, you may also be unable to work, facing expensive medical bills, and struggling to get your car repaired. Financial stress can pile on top of the mental and emotional stress. 

But if the other driver was at fault, you have options. You’re not alone. Taylor King Law has a team of attorneys who can ensure you’re fairly compensated for the pain you’ve suffered. We’ve been helping our friends and neighbors for more than 25 years.

Top Personal Injury Lawyers

At Taylor King Law, we handle your case like a long-distance race, not a sprint. We will always work to settle your case as quickly as possible so that you can get your bills paid and move on with your life, but we will never cut corners or allow the insurance company to take advantage of you. Because our attorney’s fee is a percentage of your settlement, if there is no settlement then there is no fee.

We’ll be with you every step of the way, from getting your medical bills to negotiating with the insurance company. That’s our “On your side — By your side” promise. 

Contact Taylor King Law

Questions? Call us today at 1.800.CAR.WRECK (1-800-227-9732), or reach our Little Rock office at 501.712.2554. You can also reach us online through our chat feature or using our Online Contact Form. You’re just a call or click away from getting the help you need.

Attorney's Office in Jonesboro

We have 5 locations across Arkansas to serve you. An initial consultation with an attorney is both free and confidential:

Arkadelphia | Little Rock | Springdale | Jonesboro | Fort Smith

Protecting Your Personal Injury Rights

  • Hidden
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Powered by Lapero